Wednesday, August 11, 2010

changes and more changes....

Well, Mom has moved out.
When we first got here she put her name on a list at the public housing authority. She got a call last Wednesday that an apartment came open and did she want it. She jumped on it.  It is a VERY tiny place. We went to look at it on Thursday and she signed the lease, even though I could see she was very dissilusioned by the size and the fact that the stove, heat, and water heater run on gas. (she is afraid of gas).

So, in spite of the fact that she has not been well for weeks and the apt. is way too small and she has to deal with a gas stove, she was determined to move out and be 'independent'.  That is all fine and good if you CAN be independent. But mom is nearly blind, her health is poor physically and mentally.

This is going to be a trying time for us. Fred and I have agreed that we will help her as much as we can, but we aren't going to be at her 'beck and call'.  I keep reminding mom that being 'independent' means being able to take care of yourself. 
And to top it all off, I was over there trying to go through her many boxes. We agreed after seeing the size of the apt, she needs to put some things in storage. But as we are going through the boxes, I can't get her to agree to store one single thing.  She then says ' I have a 1 year lease here, so I don't want to have my things in storage for a whole year without me being able to see them' .......   So, she plans on moving AGAIN in a year.  I told her Fred was done. He wasn't going to move her anymore. (We have moved her 10 times in 25 years).  She is incredible.

So, now I have an actual guest room. I am looking forward to putting it together. We have a full size bed in the 'radio' room, but I have told Freddy he can have it. I would love to find an old headboard, maybe iron, or wood, but definitely with an air of antique. Just have to convince Fred!  lol

Other possible changes are in the air, but I can't really talk about it right now.  Just know the Nassars could use some prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment