Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Life is Good

Well, we made it back home from our NC trip. It was a great time, but I love the feeling I get when we come home, and sleep in our own bed. I don't know, it's a good feeling of security, belonging, and feeling blessed. My brother wants us to move up there, more specifically to the house across the street from them! lol.
I think it would be nice to live in NC, but we can't pay our bills with our good looks, you know? God would have to intervene hugely for that to happen. So, for now, we are happy/content with where He has us.
I loved seeing my "kids", Steven & Savanna. Steven is quiet, doesn't have a lot to say, but Savanna, that's another story! She and I got to go to a pottery place and paint some ceramics. She picked a horse and I got a mug. Her horse was much bigger than mine and we finished at the same time. She is really artistic and she did a great job...
I have to say I really am enjoying this time in my & Fred's life. The kids are older, KINDA on their own, and we get the freedom to go off every so often. It's helping us prepare for that "empty nest" time. That will happen one day, won't it? (just kidding!)

What does God have in store for the Nassars in 2008? I don't know. We are in a transition period with our church life. We are still trying to find out how God wants us to be involved at First Brandon. Some doors have already started opening for Fred to teach a SS class. But I don't know what I am going to do yet. I have always worked with kids, so my first reaction is to gravitate to that ministry. But I am not sure that is where I will be going. We are still trying to get Andy plugged into the youth, there is a weekend retreat coming up that he will be involved in, so I hope that will help him find his place. And, there is a youth trip to New Orleans in the Summer that Fred & I are hoping to participate in, so that will be a neat experience for all of us.

So, stay tuned to see where God will lead us. From past experiences, I know it's not going to be a boring trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment