Thursday, January 1, 2009

I AM

I am cleaning out my room and going through PILES of stuff. I ran into a piece of paper that spoke volumes. I think I must have gotten it from Linda's church or SS class as it was in a bag with things from our trip LAST New Years. (It's been a while since I cleaned my room I guess)
I think it is very appropriate, at least for me and my family.
It's that time of year when we look back at how things have gone. The achievements, the mistakes, the 'what if's'.... I guess God needed to remind me that I can't linger in the past or worry about the future...

I was regetting The Past and fearing The Future.
Suddenly my Lord was speaking: My Name Is I AM!!
He paused, I waited. He continued:
When you live in The Past with it's mistakes and regrets, it is hard.
I am not there. My name is not I Was.
When you live in The Future with it's problems and fears, it is hard.
I am not there. My name is not I Will Be.
When you live in this moment, I Am HERE to help you.
My Name Is I AM!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that!! I think I'm going to put it on an index card by my mirror for awhile..what a great reminder as we start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, What truer words were ever spoken! We tend to worry over coulda, shoulda, woulda or over what will come next, and forget to enjoy the here and now.

    ReplyDelete