Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Garden

One of the things Fred and I said we wanted when we moved to Texas was a garden. We moved into our house in May, so we spent last year getting the inside of the house done. Now that Spring is around the corner (we hope!) we started to work on the garden. Now, we have never done one before and I have to admit I felt overwhelmed. Fred is such a good guy though and once he decides we're doing it, he goes full force! I just followed.... haha

We made our box garden 10x5, a little bigger than a square foot but still manageable...
Went to Lowes and got some seeds.
We planted summer squash, ocra, green beans, carrots, peas and onions.
We took line and marked off the different seed sections so we would know what was what! lol
We also got some herbs
 and a tomato plant to put in my topsy turvy! 
        
I got a little strawberry plant to see if it will produce anything.
Now we wait and see if we get some stuff! 

Something else... We volunteer at a food bank in our town called "Titus County Cares" once/twice a month...
While we were there last Friday, I heard about a Community Garden that is going on at the College. The vegetables grown there go to the food bank to help the community. I just think that is SO cool!! I would LOVE to grow enough stuff on our garden to do the same thing. Such a great idea!

2 comments:

  1. The garden looks great guys! post some pics for us when you start getting some veggies out of it. Tammy and I got the garden bug too, pictures to come soon. Tell Fred and the kids hello!

    ReplyDelete