Thursday, April 1, 2010

We Are There!! sorta....

I signed the closing papers on Monday afternoon. I officially became homeless.

Mom and I packed up the car to the rim and took out of Fl yesterday at 10:15am. Yeah, I intended to leave by 8:30am, but things don't always go as planned...

It was supposed to take us 11 hours, but it took us 12. All in all, it wasn't bad. Had barely any traffic once we left Tampa. I felt so bad for Kaya. She was in her carrier the whole time. But she paid us back.... meowed all night in the hotel....

I was up at 5am. Kaya, kept meowing. I think she was hungry since she didnt eat yesterday. So I went to the gas station next door and got her some food. (I think her food got packed with the movers!)
I got 6 hours of sleep....It's gonna have to hold me till tonight. We are now sitting in the hotel in Jackson Ms. It's supposed to take us 5 hours to Fred, but I figured it will take us 6. LOL

Not in a hurry today, though. No one is going to be at Tom's house till after 4pm. Fred won't be home till 5:30pm. Fred got a motel room for mom till Monday. We still have to figure out what we are going to do housing wise.
The plan for now is stop by Fred's apt. and drop off Kaya. Then take mom to the motel and get her settled in. THEN I get to meet Fred!!!! We are going to look at 2 houses tonight, then go out to dinner.... I cannot wait! Only 10 1/2 hours from now! yay!

I don't think it has totally hit me yet. As I was driving yesterday I thought, I am not coming back to Florida. (at least no time soon). I am going to live in a totally different place. Yeah, reality has not set in yet....

Well, I am going to see what this hotel's definition of 'continental breakfast' is.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment