Thursday, June 23, 2011

A quick Post..

I guess it's 'feast or famine' with me when it comes to blogging.
But I took a couple of pictures this morning and wanted to post them

this is a new bloom in our front yard.
I am new at having lillies, and didn't know they came back every year.
 And it seems I have more than I did last year too.
I planted a bunch of sunflowers a while back, some of them the 'mammoth' kind.
I love sunflowers and have been waiting anxiously for them... Here is the 1st one!

and I got a 'mammoth' butterfly to go with it! So cool!
There are a couple more right coming right along.
I am hoping I can make a nice bouquet for the dining table.
 
As far as our vegetables, I gave up on the okra.
Some kind of bugs and worms just killed it all.
But our corn is coming up fast!
 
And the honeydew melons are doing well so far.
I had a couple of sprouts for the pumpkins,
but something happened and they withered.... bummer....  
The watermelons seems fine so far too. Hope they stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment