Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter part 2

I meant to write about this earlier, but I am having more "senior" moments lately... (no comment from YOU! James)

I was looking forward to Easter as well as a little nervous. I knew the service was going to be great, the choir & orchestra always do a wonderful job and I knew that Easter was going to be even better. The church had been asked to park in the far parking spots so that visitors & the older folks would have closer-to-the-church spots. We were expecting a large group to come to church with us and I was worried about getting seats together...

Well, my brother & his family were coming down for a visit and we invited them to join us. They decided to get a later start and didn't get to us until late Sunday afternoon. We went to get my mom on Saturday night to spend the night with us so she could come to church, only to have her tell when we got to my house that she had no intentions of going to church. Andy invited his girlfriend & family to church. They are not Christians and I thought Easter was a great day to do the initial invite... Well, the girlfriend kept being "non-committal" for a week only to say Saturday that they were having family over and couldn't make it. (we get out of church at 10am, come on!)

And Steph was too sick to travel... so instead of a pew full of people, there were 5 of us... Ok, don't get me wrong, I am glad for the ones that were there, but we had 10 drop outs. It was a bummer.

Oh well, we'll keep trying.

Here is a picture of me and my "babies".



I cannot believe how tall Steven is getting. And Savanna's artistic skills are getting better and better. I miss them. :( But they are really enjoying living in NC and they like their school, so that is great. I don't know when we'll see them again. My brother said there was a BBQ contest in the Summer, so maybe we'll do a road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment