Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2 of our Florida Trip

Before I start on our Day 2, I forgot to post this picture of Fred and Bill 'chilling' by the pool.
The weather on Saturday was upper 60s-70....
And, back home, Mt Pleasant got 3 inches of snow!!! I have been looking forward to seeing snow in Texas since moving there last Spring, and it decides to snow the weekend I am in Florida?!?!?  It's just so wrong!!

OK, ON TO DAY 2.....
Thanks to Fred's cousin who works at Disney, we were able to go to the Magic Kingdom!
We started out at Epcot because there was a "Disney Marathon" and roads to the Magic Kingdom
were blocked or crowded...
Steph's boyfriend, Ricky was able to go with us. Poor guy is a police officer and got off work at 4am that morning, so he was going on about 2-3 hours of sleep. What a trooper!

before leaving Epcot, we rode "Soaring", a virtual ride over California. I have a terrible fear of heights and figured I would just close my eyes during the ride...but it wasn't that bad
me and Fred by the giant golf ball!
me and Steph in line for Test Track....
Steph's next car!
just wrap it up, I'll take it!
Then, we hopped on the monorail and headed to Magic Kingdom, the happiest place on Earth!!

We felt so special, they had a parade going on when we arrived! 
 
 
This bird was sitting at an area where people were eating.
 He was patiently hoping to get some scraps!
I thought this was funny, when it looked straight at me, his face almost disappeared!
haha 
We "forced" the kids to go in IT'S A SMALL WORLD ride....
this is their dramatization of how they felt....
Steph was just kidding, she liked it! :) 

My camera was being a pain, so the rest of the time we used Steph's camera for the rest of the day and I haven't gotten them yet....

We had an amazing day with great weather and short lines!
I couldn't have asked for a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment